Monday, February 25, 2013

My Son, Vietnam: Perhaps XXX, Definitely Mysterious

The next letter I was to share with you through my blog was a place beginning with "x."  I haven't been to any such place, so instead, let's take a look at My Son (Mee Sun) in Vietnam.  Our tour manager warned ahead of time that we would be seeing what some may consider XXX.

[click on any image to view larger]



We left Hoi An around 4:30am to drive to My Son.  The drive was uneventful except for cow crossing.



The vegitative setting of My Son was green and fresh. I understand these temple complexes were constructed between the 4th and 14th century A.D.





I felt like I had stepped out of time and away from civilization.






And, we had. This is Sanskrit writing.













We soon came upon the first of the alleged XXX sights--Male and Female.






 
My Son provided an excellent backdrop for gorgeous photos. You'll notice a bit of a glow in this photo.

Almost all of my photos contained this off focus look and glow. No idea why. Even ones not in direct sunlight showed these mysterious elements. When I first looked at my photos, I wondered if there might be some energy or someone who remained behind.

Here, we have more evidence of alleged XXX--Male. Our guide explained the importance of its spiritual value, symbolizing the god Shiva.



My Son provided several opportunities for kid-like fun.  


















But, there are also reminders of war, to be respected. This is a part of My Son destroyed by a bomb.






No comments:

Post a Comment